For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the UK data protection laws, the controller is Theale & Tilehurst Cricket Club (the “Club”) Englefield Road, Theale, Reading, RG7 5AS.
About this document
This privacy notice sets out the way we process your personal data and we’ve created this privacy notice to make sure you are aware of how we use your data as a member of, or visitor to our club or to our website. This information is provided because Data Protection Law gives individuals rights to understand how their data is used. Members are all encouraged to read this Privacy Notice and understand the club’s obligations to its entire community. This Privacy Notice applies alongside any other information the Club may provide about a particular use of personal data, for example when collecting data via a paper form.
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you, when you fill in an application for membership.
- When you provide information via the Club’s management software or availability system, or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various other ways (for example when you renew your membership).
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), date of birth, telephone numbers and postal address (es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you.
- Financial information, including direct debit details.
- Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits (for example, when making court bookings or making use of other club facilities).
Contacting the club
When you contact the club via the website, email, post, phone or SMS, we collect, store and use certain information which you disclose to us. This may include name, address, telephone email or mobile number and other communication data. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that communication
In order to improve the quality of the service we provide, we may ask you to complete a survey. You do not have to respond to this request.
How we use your personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of your club membership, including:
- Informing you about facility opening hours.
- Taking payment of membership fees.
- Research and statistical analysis about who is playing cricket in our club.
- Communication about our club activities, changes to programme or information we think may be of interest to you.
- Where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (for example in increasing use of club facilities and participation in sport in general)
How secure is information about me?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a member of the club. Examples of these essential communications are:
- Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or direct debit confirmations (as applicable).
- Membership related mailings such as your membership renewal reminder, information about facility closures and opening hours.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or contact details by contacting us at:
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- Our membership committee, for the purposes of administering your membership, and giving you access to the membership benefits to which you are entitled.
- Our contractors and suppliers, including coaches and any provider of management services.
How long your information is kept
We will keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary for each purpose we use it. For the majority of membership data, this means we will retain it for as long as you have a valid club membership and for a period of six years after your last interaction with the club (for accounting, record keeping and tax reporting purposes).
Your internet browser has the in-built facility for storing small files – “cookies” – that hold information which allows the website to recognise your account. Our website takes advantage of this facility to enhance your experience. You can prevent your computer from accepting cookies, but if you do, certain functionality on the website may be impaired.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (“data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Notice & revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Theale & Tilehurst Cricket Club, please email us (email@example.com) and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Contacts & complaints
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or by post: Theale & Tilehurst CC, The Pavilion, Englefield Road, Theale, Reading, RG7 5AS
Click here to read our policies/statements on, photography, changing room use & transport